Drudge Reporters is a news aggregation community that posts and discusses the latest news stories of the day.
As a member, you can:
- Interact with friendly, smart people;
- Share news and information, free from the corporate media filter;
- Participating in lively, thought-provoking discussions;
- Make new connections and most of all have fun!
What You Need To Know
Members are encouraged to familiarize themselves with our Community Standards (see below), the descriptions for the various forum categories, and our Terms of Service. But if you don't want to be bothered with all that, we believe most of our members will do just fine if you make an effort to be a positive contributor to the community, and use good common sense.
Our Community Standards
It is the responsibility of all members to participate in a manner that promotes a positive atmosphere and encourages good discussions among a diverse community of people holding a broad range of viewpoints. Members should refrain from posting messages that are disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate. These broad community standards of behavior are maintained through the combined efforts of members posting and serving on citizen juries, using their own best judgment to decide what behavior is appropriate and what is not.
Members who cannot hold themselves to a normal standard risk having their posts removed, and being blocked out of discussion threads they disrupt. Those who exhibit a pattern of willful disregard for the Community Standards risk being in violation of our Terms of Service, and could have their posting privileges revoked.
At Drudge Reporters, we believe that we can encourage good discussions by empowering all of our members to take responsibility for the discussions on the site. We want every member to feel that they have the power to help make this community the best it can be. We want our members to self police threads/posts and report problems as they come up. We will still have moderators to oversee general operations to make sure our Terms of Service are being adhered to.
How You Can Help
There are many things that each member can do to help maintain our high standards:
- Participating in discussions in a positive and productive way;
- Post breaking news stories and other content to keep our community active;
- Click the "Report post" link on disruptive posts (at the post header);
- Spread the word about our community by sharing posts on Twitter and Facebook!